Annual Street Dance - Saturday, August 26th - 5:30-10:00 pm
Featuring The Rocking Chairs - Benefit Bath Fire Department
Bath Street Dance - 2016
Raymond S. Burton Museum & Learning Center Opens
Photos Courtesy of Bridge Weekly
Bath Celebrates 250 Years
A slideshow from the 250th celebration weekend. A special thank you to A. Williams Photography, Brenda Minot, and Craig Pursley.
A Little About . . .
The Town of Bath, incorporated in 1761, was named for a prominent English statesman, William Pulteney, first Earl of Bath, who served as Secretary of War and was known as one of the best orators in Parliament. The original town charter set aside land in equal shares for 68 families, with a church and a school. The 2005 census showed a population of 944 residents within Bath's 38.6 square miles of area. The highest points in Bath are a trio of knobs on Gardner Mountain, all found near the northernmost point in town and all measuring slightly greater than 1,980 feet above sea level. The Connecticut River forms the western boundary of the town; the Ammonoosuc and Wild Ammonoosuc Rivers flow through the town. Bath has the distinction of having three covered bridges, the oldest of which was built in 1829. A fourth covered bridge, built in 1846, was destroyed by flooding in 1927.
A Look Around Bath